CLASSIFIEDS on Ocracoke
Local classified ads (from Ocracoke Island residents, property owners and workers) are printed free of charge. Please send your classifieds to email@example.com. All other ads charged a nominal fee. Send inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All ads will be screened and edited for punctuation and clarity. Ads will stay posted for one month unless more time is requested.
OCBA Seeks Administrator
The Ocracoke Civic & Business Association, Inc., is seeking a year-round, part-time administrator, 20 to 25 hours per week, 3-5 days per week, schedule flexible, but must be available during weekday business hours. The position will be up to 800 hours per year, as some weeks may require more hours than others. Compensation: $20 per hour. Reports to the OCBA Board of Directors.
To apply, please email a cover letter with qualifications and a resume to email@example.com no later than May 21, 2020, or mail via USPS to OCBA, P.O. Box 456, Ocracoke, NC 27960.
This is a position that includes: weekend, evening, early morning, holiday and office business hours as required by events and OCBA activities. Candidates must have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and be detail oriented
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite software, social media, email, etc.
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects at one time
- Minimum typing ability of 40WPM
- Flexible schedule to include attendance at all major events, meetings and functions as needed
The administrator performs the following:
- Marketing– Oversees all marketing for the OCBA. Promotes OCBA contributors and events to visitors.
- Walking Map
- Oversees the production, distribution and storage of the annual Ocracoke Walking Map & Directory. Sends out yearly contributor drive recruitment materials; Collects dues. Sells space in walking map and website ads. Records/keeps records of payments. Distributes maps to local businesses and ferry landings and sound-class ferries.
- Event Management
- Coordinates OCBA sponsored events including, but not limited to: 4th of July Celebration, Island-Wide Yard Sale, Pirate Jamboree, Holiday Gift Market and Holiday Lights Contest. Responsible for planning, execution, production of print materials, volunteer recruitment and event budgeting.
- Writes event press releases and distributes to press contacts.
- Recruits sponsors and vendors for appropriate events. Manages merchandising for events where appropriate. Interfaces with various agencies (i.e. NPS) to obtain required permits for events.
- Recruits speakers and manages OCBA Civic Meetings.
- Information Distribution
- Distributes information to OCBA contributors. Develops and maintains OCBA’s online presence to ensure it is current and accurate. Manages OCBA’s social media presence, promoting local news releases, newsletters and other publicity. Writes event press releases.
- Administration – Works with the treasurer to create a yearly budget; monitors expenses vs. budget; budgets for the events. Works with the treasurer and board to prepare yearly grant request to Occupancy Tax Boards. Pick up mail.
- Walking Map
- Liaison –
- With the Board of Directors– Attends all board, member and committee meetings. Prepares BOD agenda with President of the board. Serves as representative of the Board for the community, press and OCBA contributors.
- With OCBA Contributors– Motivates contributors to support an OCBA dues/marketing program. Manages contributors and ensures they are listed in the Walking Map, website and VisitNC.com.
Ocracoke Heating, AC & Plumbing seeking full or part-time help. Call 252-928-7661.
Landmark Building & Design is looking for skilled finish carpenters. $20-$25/hour. Housing provided for off-island workers. Must have tax ID number. Call Tom Pahl: 860-933-0259.
G. E. Ely Construction, Inc. seeks carpenters or carpenter helpers. Call: 252-921-0106.