Hyde County is seeking a parttime liaison for Ocracoke.
According to the job description, the liaison would work with different people to help Hyde County accomplish a common goal to provide services to the citizens of Ocracoke.
The liaison will facilitate communications between the citizens of Ocracoke and various county departments while working to connect those citizens with the county resources they need.
The Ocracoke liaison will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain office hours regularly on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon at the Ocracoke Community Center. During this time, the liaison will assist residents with all questions in regard to Hyde County Departments and assist residents in obtaining the information needed in regard to county services.
- Issue all Ocracoke re-entry passes. Applications and renewals are completed year-round by mail and online. Applications may also be filed during office hours.
- Be responsible for hosting the Ocracoke side of all Hyde County Board of Commissioners meetings including the regular meeting on the first Monday of each month, special called meetings and emergency meetings. Attendance at other meetings may be required throughout the month.
- Set up the room including placement of chairs and tables, set up and test the teleconferencing equipment prior to each meeting and operate the equipment during the meeting. The employee is responsible for the take down of all chairs and tables, storage of teleconferencing equipment and locking the facility.
- Will keep meeting minutes for some meetings and will be trained and appointed as a deputy clerk to the Board of Commissioners.
- Assist the Hyde County Public Information Officer each week with the publication of the Hyde Happenings and other public information as directed by the PIO.
- During major events the liaison will support the emergency manager in holding Ocracoke Control Group meetings including meeting minutes and will attend all meetings. The liaison will also assist the PIO with press releases and the clerk and emergency manager with State of Emergency Proclamations.
- Work with the Hyde County Grant Administrator and islanders to accept, process and update grant applications for housing and other individual assistance after disaster events. The liaison will be asked to complete intake, gather information and acquire photos of damaged homes.
- Work in the Emergency Operations Center on the island after a disaster to process temporary entry permits for vendors, service workers and others as directed by the emergency manager and instructed by the public information officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply:Obtain a Hyde County Application online at http://www.hydecountync.gov.
Submit the application and your resume either by mail or to Tracy Gibbs, HR Director, County of Hyde, P.O. Box 188, Swan Quarter, NC 27885, or email her at email@example.com.