The Ocracoke Tourism Development Authority is accepting applications for a year-round, part-time administrative assistant; five hours per week; 3 to 4 days per week, schedule flexible. Compensation: $17 per hour; reports to the executive director.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and be detail oriented.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, the internet, including social media, Email, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Minimum typing ability of 40WPM.
- Flexible schedule to include attendance at all board meetings and functions as needed.
- Schedules, attends, and takes minutes at OTTDA board meetings. Assembles and distributes board meeting agendas, sends meeting reminders, and maintains RSVP files. Provides preliminary board meeting minutes to the Director within three business days following a meeting. Retains files of same.
- Maintains a formal filing system for the board.
- Ensures that all proper Board documentation and record-keeping is current.
- Update/maintain VisitNC database.
- Maintain databases for distributing brochures to outside distribution locations (CVBs, welcome centers, distribution service). Follow up with existing locations to determine stock; locate new distribution sites.
- Assist in the distribution of the OTTDA Asset Brochure.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter by October 22, 2021, to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: Ocracoke Tourism Development Authority P.O. Box 466, Ocracoke, NC 27960.