Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Wright Brothers National Memorial and Fort Raleigh National Historic Site announce two workshops designed to encourage local interest in the 2015 summer seasonal hiring process. The Outer Banks Group hires approximately 82 summer seasonal employees each year. The workshops will be held at the following times and locations:
- Kill Devil Hills Library on Dec. 2, from 11 a.m. to 7p.m.
- Manteo Library on Dec.r 4, from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The workshop is designed to assist interested persons in understanding the application process and to match their interest and skills with the appropriate positions. Positions are full-time and generally last from April through October. For the 2015 summer season, the following positions may be available:
- Visitor Use Assistants – Perform fee collection and visitor information services at various in-park contact stations including lighthouses, campgrounds, entrance stations, and permit offices.
- Biological Science Technicians – Perform a wide range of natural resource management and monitoring activities involving shorebirds, sea turtles, and habitat restoration.
- Interpretation Park Rangers – Perform a wide range of information and education services including, but not limited to, working visitor center desks, presenting interpretive programs, and interacting with park visitors in public use areas.
- Maintenance Workers – Perform grounds maintenance and custodial duties throughout the parks.Look for these positions to be advertised and announced in the coming weeks at www.USAJobs.gov. Announcements are usually open 7 to 14 days so check the website frequently. Applications must be completed online by the closing date of the announcement.
For general information on the Outer Banks Group national park sites, visit www.nps.gov/caha, www.nps.gov/wrbr, www.nps.gov/fora; or call 252-473-2111.