The event showcases artists and also raises several thousand dollars for this free music and arts festival scheduled for June 3 to 5 along School Road and Howard Street.
This year’s auction will change the format for donated works with the artists receiving 50 percent of the sale price.
David Tweedie, Ocracoke Alive president, provided the following information:
1. The Ocrafolk Festival 50/50 Art Auction will be held on Friday, June 3, at the Berkley Manor (tentative).
2. The Silent Auction and Live Auction Preview will be from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
3. The auction will start promptly at 7 p.m. Artwork offered will be also be previewed on the festival webpage.
4. We are also planning to accept some bids online before the auction begins. Details TBA
1. How do I join the auction?
Please contact us at any point up to May 15 if you would like to participate. (Don’t hesitate to contact us after this date, but we are trying to have all the pieces posted online two weeks before the event). We will email or send you a form to fill out, to make sure that we have all of your contact information and details.
2. What do we need from you ahead of time?
Email a photo of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can post it online and stir up excitement for folks to bid on your piece!
3. How to get your work to Ocracoke Alive.
There are three ways to get your artwork to us.
(a) Bring it to Ocracoke Alive’s Deepwater Theater on Ocracoke (School Road. Contact:David Tweedie, email@example.com, or call 252-921-0260, and
(b) Bring it to The Indiantown Gallery in Frisco on Hatteras Island. Contact: April Trueblood, (252) 995-5181.
(c) Ship it to the festival via USPS (P.O. Box 604, Ocracoke, NC 27960), or FedEx or UPS to 46 Lawton Lane, Ocracoke, NC 27960).
(d) Please let us know if you are coming for the festival weekend, and are going to have to bring your piece with you.
4. Where will my piece be placed, Silent or Live Auction?
It is up to the auction coordinators to decide where your piece will be showcased. There are advantages to both the Silent and Live Auction formats.
5. Can I place a minimum on my work? Although most of our pieces do not have minimums, it can sometimes be helpful to let us know if there is a price range. At the Ocrafolk Festival Auction, bids generally range between $50 and $800.
6. When will I receive my portion of the auction of my piece?
Ocracoke Alive will mail out payments during the week following the festival.
7. Can I donate all of the proceeds from the auction of my piece to the festival?
Yes. Just let us know.
Those interested in simply donating a piece of art should contact David Tweedie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details on the auction can be found here.