According to Dr. Randolph Latimore, superintendent of Hyde County schools, the Hyde County Board of Education has approved procedures for filling the Ocracoke district board seat vacated in June by David Tolson. The board will accept applications and conduct interviews in the next few weeks.
The following is the timeline:
- August 3- Notice and application posted to Hyde County Board of Education website and press
- August 19 Completed application packet due by 5 p.m.
- August 22 – Tentative date for board meeting to review applications if more than four are received
- August 23 – Notification to selected applicants of interview
- Augus 29 – Interviews begin at 11 a.m. in the Ocracoke Community Center
Applications are available in the administrative office of Ocracoke School. To access the application online, visit the Hyde County Schools website here.