Updated Oct. 27, 2016
For Ocracoke news, click here.
Monday, Oct. 24
Volleyball: The Ocracoke Lady Dolphins play the Gates County Red Barons, 3 p.m. School gym
Soccer: The Ocracoke Dolphins soccer take on Gates County, 4 p.m. Community Park
Wednesday, Oct. 26
Down Creek Gallery. Reception for Melinda Fodrie Sutton showing new photography. 5 to 8 p.m. Refreshments; music.
Thursday, Oct. 27
- Ocracoke Oyster Co.: Martin and Lou, 3 to 6 p.m.
- Ocracoke Bar & Grille: Live music TBA, 7 p.m.
- Deepwater Theater: “Molasses Creek Concert” 8 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 28:
- Freakin’ Firkin Keg Tapping (old-fashioned beer barrel) at 3 p.m. at Zillie’s Island Pantry.
- Ocracoke School Carnival in the gym starting at 3:30 p.m. with a costume parade for kids followed by carnival games, bouncy houses, food, “cake walk,” a movie in the school Commons Room for kids; “Quiz-O” for adults. Lasts until about 9 p.m.
- A “spook walk” in the front yard of the Magic Bean Coffee Bazaar, School Road.
- The Motley Tones, 7 to 10 p.m. in the Ocracoke Bar & Grille
- Coyote Den: Martin Garrish & Friends “Ocracoke Memories.” 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 29:
- Some local artist vendors on the Books to Be Red lawn
- The drawing the raffle winner for a custom-designed golf cart (for the benefit of Ocracoke Youth Center) will be held at 3 p.m. at SmacNally’s.
- Several activities in Community Square from 4 to 6 p.m.:
Trick-or-treating at the shops in the Square
Rum Gagger: stories and songs with Fiddler Dave and Capt. Robb on the dock of the Wilma Lee.
Chicken dinner and bake sale by the Ocracoke School fourth and fifth-grade classes to raise money for their school trip; ghost stories by Amy Howard, 5 p.m.
- Gaffer’s Sports Pub will host their annual Halloween party with live music and a costume contest with a “Famous Horror Movie Monster” theme, and 80s cover band Raygun Ruby will play at the Howard’s Pub for their costume party. Both Halloween celebrations are on Saturday night where revelers walk back and forth to check out each other’s costumes at each venue. Pirates and wenches are welcome.
Saturday, Oct. 29
Ocracoke Oyster Co.: Martin Garrish, 6:30 p.m.
Ocracoke Bar & Grille: The Motley Tones, (pirate minstrels), 7 to 10 p.m.
Howard’s Pub: 26th Annual Halloween Party with Raygun Ruby, 8 p.m.
Gaffer’s: Halloween Party with Jackie and the All-stars, 9 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30, and Monday, Oct. 31. “All Alone and Lonely: An Evening of Haunting Appalachian Folklore,” Written and performed by Jennifer Starr
Coyote Den, Community Square. 8 to 9:15 p.m.
$10/kids $5 (may be too scary for children under 10)
This single act, musical play features stories of love lost, love found, restless spirits, deception, murder, and one incredibly roguish “werefox.”