The Program Evaluation Division of the N.C. Legislature will meet with islanders tomorrow (Wednesday) from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Berkley Manor to discuss ferry operations.
The PED’s study is focusing on the effectiveness of the NCDOT Ferry Division in contributing to the agencies strategic goals, which include:
- Increasing transportation safety,
- Providing great customer service,
- Cost-effectively delivering and maintaining the transportation infrastructure,
- Improving reliability and connectivity of the transportation system, and
Promoting economic growth
We welcome the opportunity to meet with local stakeholders to further discuss. Specifically, the group is interested in:
- Identifying and accessing key economic development stakeholders
- Utilizing available econometric models to evaluate the impact of various service delivery alternatives and on the state’s marine transportation industry.
- Identifying alternatives to provide a stable funding source for capital requirements