The Ocracoke Civic & Business Association, Inc., is seeking a year-round, part-time administrative assistant. The position will be up to 1,040 hours per year, as some weeks may require more hours than others.
Compensation: $15 per hour; reports to the Executive Director.
Skills required: Writing and communication experience; working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) computer software; adept in use of electronic media: text messaging; social media. Must be self-starter; have ability to work independently; have good people and phone skills; fast learner; detail oriented.
Skills preferred: some graphic arts knowledge; website usage/updating utilizing WordPress; event coordination experience; other software, such as MailChimp and PhotoShop.
- Attends all board, contributor and committee meetings. Takes minutes for the board secretary; prepares minutes and sends them out to the board. Retains files of same.
- Writes letters on behalf of the Board as directed.
- Assist with the creation of a formal filing system for the board to be kept in a central location (signed contracts, logo documents, associations, membership numbers, etc.), contact lists, passwords.
- Maintain and collect data from area businesses for walking map, community event calendar and new venues for map distribution and upkeep spreadsheet(s) and GrowthZone software for same.
- Handle Contributorship data entry and photo uploads for updating VisitNC database.
- Maintain comprehensive databases for the distribution of literature to outside distribution locations (CVBs, all ferry locations, hotels, welcome centers, distribution service). Follow up with existing locations to determine stock; locate new distribution sites.
- Assists in selection of and coordinating presenters for quarterly “value-added” Contributor meetings and special meetings as ordered by the board. Ensure that contributor/public meetings are listed in the Community Center online calendar. Create flyers announcing meetings.
- Maintain accounts within GrowthZone software to include billing and reporting.
- Contact member Contributors to insure their rack card inclusion in the OCBA Visitor Center.
- Assists in sales of Contributor packages.
- Distribute walking maps to ferry locations and contributors, check stock levels 1x per week.
- Ensure visitor center is stocked with area maps and restaurant menus and kept clean.
Assist in the coordination of OCBA events: Spring event(s) TBD, 4th of July events, and Pirate Jamboree (promotion, schedule, coordination).
- Maintain current posters on event board at Variety Store and Visitor Center.
- Coordinate the printing and delivery of photographs and maps to populate window displays on ferries (Swan Quarter & Cedar Island) and Hatteras Ferry Terminal.
- Other administrative tasks as necessary.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter by Jan. 18, to: Ocracoke Civic & Business Association, Inc. P.O. Box 456, Ocracoke, NC, 27960, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org