As of Saturday (Sept. 14), sound route ferry reservations will be taken daily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at 1-800-BY-FERRY (1-800-293-3779). The ferry schedule to Ocracoke for now is as follows:
- Swan Quarter to Ocracoke – 7, 9 and 11 a.m., and 1, 3 and 5 p.m.
- Ocracoke to Swan Quarter – 10 a.m., noon, 2, 4, 6 and 8 p.m.
- Cedar Island to Ocracoke – 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Ocracoke to Cedar Island – 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
However, reservations are being taken according to the following priority schedule:
* County/State Requested Resources
* Emergency Personnel
* National Park Service
* County Employees
* Code Enforcement Officers/Inspectors
* Department of Transportation
* Power Company
* Debris Removal
* Mail and Parcel
* Insurance Adjusters
* Non-resident Property Owners
* Local Business Owners and Employees
* School Employees/Staff
Please click here for the full prior story.