To catch up on Ocracoke news and much more, click here
The National Park Service is accepting applications for 2021 Commercial Use Authorization (CUA) permits for the Cape Hatteras National Seashore.
Engaging in or soliciting any business in the parks requires a CUA.
These permits are for businesses who want to do business on the Ocracoke beach, such as the following:
- Beach Equipment Services
- Beach Fire Services
- Guided Fishing Services
- Guided Horseback Tours
- Guided Waterfowl Hunting
- Interpretive and Educational Programs
- Non-Motorized Boat Tours
- Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Driving Tours
- Outdoor Fitness Classes
- Photography Instruction
- Road-Based Commercial Tours and Transportation
- Sailboat Tours
- Watersport Instruction
- Wedding Equipment Services
The application fee is $200 and online payments are now being accepted.
One CUA permit will cover activities in all applicable parks. CUAs are valid from the date of issue through Dec. 31 of the same year.
Visit the following websites for applications, instructions, and more information:
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore: www.nps.gov/caha/getinvolved/dobusinesswithus.htm
- Fort Raleigh National Historic Site: www.nps.gov/fora/getinvolved/dobusinesswithus.htm
- Wright Brothers National Memorial: www.nps.gov/wrbr/getinvolved/dobusinesswithus.htm
For questions, contact Sarah Merrill at 252-475-0685 or email@example.com.