MANNS HARBOR – The North Carolina Ferry Division is teaming up with NC Works to host four career fairs to find qualified applicants to staff its ferries, terminals and shipyard.
The career fairs will be held at the following times and locations:
- Jan. 26: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., NC Works Career Center, 111 Jordan Plaza, Elizabeth City
- Feb. 2: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., NC Works Career Center, 3813 Arendell St., Morehead City
- Feb. 9: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., NC Works Career Center, 3101 Bismark St., Greenville
- Feb. 16: 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Brunswick County Career Center, 5300-7 Main St., Shallotte
Applications will be accepted for all positions at all experience levels — from entry-level parking lot attendants to experienced boat captains. Both temporary summer employment and full-time permanent positions are available.
Among the benefits of Ferry Division employment are:
- Competitive salaries
- Year-round, full-time permanent employment
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave
People interested in attending one of the career fairs should bring resumes and supporting documents.
Representatives from the Ferry Division will be on hand to explain the various positions available and opportunities for advancement.
To see jobs currently available with the Ferry Division, visit the state jobs website and search “Ferry.”
Please continue to visit the site, as new ferry jobs are added regularly.
For more information, call 252-423-5100.