The commission is scheduled to:
- Vote on a slate of nominees for the obligatory season on the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
- Receive a presentation on and possibly approve management measures for striped bass in the central and southern waters of the state
- Provide input to the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council on commercial summer flounder quota reallocations, permit requalification criteria, and modifications to the fishery management plan goals and objectives
- Readopt 41 existing rules in 15A NCAC 03I, 03J, 03K, 03L, 03M, 03O, and 03R under a state-mandated periodic review schedule
- Receive an update on the Southeast Regional Southern Flounder Stock Assessment
A meeting agenda and briefing book materials will be posted here as soon as materials are available.
A public comment period will be held at 6 p.m. Nov. 14. The business sessions of the meeting will begin at 9 a.m. on both Nov. 15 and Nov. 16.
During the public comment period, members of the public may speak to the commission on any fisheries-related topic. The chairman will allow each speaker to comment for three minutes. More time may be allotted, at the chairman’s discretion, depending on the number who sign up to speak.
The deadline for submitting written comments to the commission, including email, through the Marine Fisheries Commission office, is noon Friday (Nov. 9). Those who wish to forego this process and give handouts to the commission during the public comment period should bring at least 12 copies of the handout.
The public may listen to the meeting on the Internet. Up to 200 participants may listen to audio and view presentations in real-time on a first-come, first-served basis. Directions for participating in the webcast, including information on system requirements and testing, can be found here. Following the meeting, an audio recording will be posted online.
For more information, contact Nancy Fish in the Marine Fisheries Commission office at 252-808-8021 or Nancy.Fish@ncdenr.gov.
|WHO:||N.C. Marine Fisheries Commission|
|WHAT:||Quarterly Business Meeting|
|WHEN:||Nov. 14 at 6 p.m.; Nov. 15 at 9 a.m.; Nov. 16 at 9:00 a.m.|
|WHERE:||Hilton Garden Inn
5353 N. Virginia Dare Trail
|Link to Live Stream:||http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/listen-online|
|Link to Briefing Book:||http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/mf/11-2018-briefing-book|