For Ocracoke news, click here.
The Ocracoke Civic & Business Association, Inc. will host a free negotiating skills workshop from 9 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 2, in the Ocracoke Community Center.
Islander Richard Waldrop, senior vice president of Scotwork N.A. will present “Skills of Negotiation.”
Through stories and real-world examples, attendees will gain strategic insights for bringing new value and better negotiated outcomes for both business and personal uses
Scotwork Negotiating is the world’s largest independent provider of negotiation skills, training and consultancy.
The following will be part of the workshop:
- Practical tips on how to prepare correctly for any negotiation
- How to gain power even if you feel like you are in a weak position
- How to understand and communicate your needs
- How to communicate and propose your solutions
- How to trade for better outcomes for you and your business
- How to set objectives when asking for what you must have or must avoid in your negotiation
Though the workshop is free, attendees are asked to register online at: https://ocracokevillage.chambermaster.com/eventregistration/register/3121
For questions, call 252-928-6711.