Hyde County Solid Waste is seeking a responsible and conscientious individual to make a difference in the Ocracoke Community. We are hiring a full-time Solid Waste Site Attendant with full county benefits.
This employee will assist the public with unloading and sorting solid waste and recyclable materials at a collection site. Work includes maintaining the site in a neat and clean condition; operating compactor; providing information about operations and policies to customers.
- Medical and Vision Insurance for employee paid at 100%
- $25,000 life insurance paid at 100%
- Optional Dental plan paid by employee at an affordable rate
- Eligible to contribute to the NC Retirement System
- Housing Allowance for Ocracoke residents ($8,000 per year)
- Longevity Pay after 5 years of employment
- 12 days of sick and vacation leave a year plus 12 Paid Holidays a year
- Eligible to become a member of the Local Government Federal Credit Union
See the full job description and apply at http://hydecountync.gov/employment/index.php Paper copies are also available at the Ocracoke Community Center lobby.
Salary range $22,750 – $29,007 depending on previous experience/education. For questions please contact: Corrinne Gibbs, Human Resources email@example.com